PWB Beer Tasting 101
Similar to wine tasting, you need to follow a process when tasting your beer. The main difference between beer tasting and wine tasting is that you actually have to drink it… spitting is strictly prohibited when beer tasting. One must use all 5 senses when tasting beer: Taste, Sight, Smell, Hearing and Touch.
- Taste = How does the beer taste? Is it sour, sweet, bitter or salty?
- Sight = What colour is the beer? Is it light, amber or black? Are the bubbles small or big? What does the head look like?
- Smell = What can you smell in the beer? Is there a sweet, citrus or skunky smell in the beer?
- Hearing = Can you hear if the beer is well carbonated?
- Touch = Is the beer clear, light and watery or syrupy, chewy and chocolaty?
The Beer Tasting process
- Pour the beer
- First Sip
For the tasting notes on any of PWB’s beers please visit our beer page by clicking here.